Enabling Women Leadership Program
Location - Wyndham Civic Centre – Council Chambers 45 Princess Highway, Werribee
Time - 11.00am – 1.00pm
What is the “Enabling Women Leadership Program”?
The Enabling Women Leadership Program empowers women with disabilities to speak up and have a voice about issues that relate to them, and other women with disabilities.
The program builds on, and expands the knowledge, skills, tools, and networks of women with disabilities, so that they are confident to take on advocacy and leadership roles within their communities.
The program runs for six one-day sessions and lasts six weeks. The program:
- brings together a diverse range of women of all abilities
- helps to develop confidence and self-esteem, knowledge and insights about human rights, identity, advocacy and leadership
- supports women to develop communication skills, the ability to be a voice for yourself and other women with a disability
- supports women to become more involved in the local community
- helps women to understand more about NDIS
At the end of the Program, there will also be a Graduation ceremony.
Content is delivered in various ways, including:
- group discussions and activities
- working individually
- role plays
- facilitator presentations
- guest speakers
Programs are accessible and tailored for needs within each group
Who is the program for?
The Enabling Women Leadership Program is delivered in two different streams:
Enabling Young Women
Our program specifically for young women aged 15-25 who identify as having a disability
Enabling Women Generalist
Our program specifically for all women aged 18+ who identify as having a disability
Multiple Enabling Women Leadership Programs will be running across Victoria in 2019. Please check back here later, to see if there is a Program near you.
If you think you can assist in getting a Program to run in your area, please contact WDV on 03 9286 7800, or email@example.com
Enabling Women Generalist:
Enabling Women will be running in the Wyndham area starting in February 2019.
For more information, come along to one of our Information Sessions
To apply for the Program: open/download and complete the Wyndham Application Form
Enabling Young Women:
The program is funded by the Victorian Government and Portland House Foundation.
For more information, please contact us.