Women with Disabilities Victoria provides:
- education, training and mentoring through our Enabling Women Leadership and Mentoring and the Experts by Experience group;
- community education and professional training through the Here We Are and Linking Up and Speaking Out projects, and Workforce Development Gender training
- research, policy advice and advocacy through Government submissions and representation on committees.
The scope of the Workforce Development team covers:
- the intersection between Gender and Disability and its relationship to Prevention of Violence Against Women;
- Sexual and Reproductive Health; and,
- service responses for women with disabilities at risk of, or experiencing, family violence.
The scope of the Women’s Empowerment and Community Inclusion teams covers:
- leadership and mentoring programs and forums
- connecting women with disability in regional and rural communities through employment, networking, and capacity building
- linking women with disability in regional Victoria with local advocacy organisations and services.
Our work is unique in its focus on the intersection between Gender and Disability, and as such we have produced several seminal pieces of research, including:
For a full list of research publications, please visit the WDV Resources and Publications Library.